Qredo community is made up of a mixture of professionals and volunteers from all over the world, working on every aspect of the mission.
Diversity is one of our huge strengths, but it can also lead to communication issues and unhappiness. To that end, we have a few ground rules that we ask people to adhere to when they’re participating within this community and project. These rules apply equally to founders, mentors and those seeking help and guidance.
This isn’t an exhaustive list of things that you can’t do. Rather, take it in the spirit in which it’s intended – a guide to make it easier to participate and collaborate in the Qredo ecosystem.
• Be welcoming, friendly, and patient.
• Be considerate. Your work will be used by other people and you in turn will depend on the work of others. Any decision you make will affect users and colleagues, and you should consider potential consequences carefully when making decisions.
• Be respectful. Not all of us will agree all the time but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior and poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack. It’s important to remember that a community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one. Members of the Qredo community should be respectful when dealing with other members as well as with people outside the Qredo community.
• Take great care in the words that you choose to use. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary language can be offensive to those around you and is not appropriate for the community. Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Behave professionally.
When we disagree, we try to understand why. Disagreements, both social and technical, happen all the time and this project is no exception. It is important that we resolve disagreements and differing views constructively.
Qredo’s strength comes from the many diverse backgrounds represented in the community. Different people have different perspectives on issues. Being unable to understand why someone holds a viewpoint doesn’t mean that they’re wrong. Work diligently, patiently and constructively on resolving issues.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated within the Qredo community. Anyone found violating the Code of Conduct may face consequences, including but not limited to:
• A formal warning
• Temporary suspension from the community
• Permanent expulsion from the community
• Removal of privileges or responsibilities
We will take a gradual approach depending on the severity of the situation. The severity of the consequences will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the project maintainers.
Community stewards are responsible for enforcing the Code of Conduct. They have the authority to take appropriate action in response to any behavior that violates the Code of Conduct.
If you experience or witness a violation of the Code of Conduct, or if you have any concerns or questions about moderation, email the community stewards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All reports of Code of Conduct violations will be handled with the utmost care, sensitivity and confidentiality. Your privacy and safety are important to us, and we will only share details of the incident with those who need to know in order to address the issue.